Oriental Motor recently announced the latest addition to its AZ Series family of single axis stored data drivers, which now includes AC and DC input. Both input types are now available with Profinet communication.
The AlphaStep AZ Series stepper motors offer high efficiency, low vibration and incorporates the company’s new mechanical absolute encoder for absolute-type positioning without battery back-up or external sensors to buy. They also offer closed loop performance without hunting or gain tuning.
Profinet provides industrial users with the networking protocol needed to use standard Ethernet technology for factory automation applications. Profinet’s performance, globally established, future-oriented technology and simple configuration makes it ideal for industrial applications.
Profinet uses familiar Ethernet technology, simplifying its configuration, but capabilities are enhanced to meet the demanding conditions within an industrial application environment.
These new expanded drivers offer additional flexibility to application design and configuration.
They key features of the new AZ Series Profinet capable drivers are:
- Available with AC or DC input (AC: Single-Phase 100-120 VAC or Single / Three- Phase 200-240 VAC DC: 24 / 48 VDC)
- Works with all AZ Series motors including linear and rotary actuators, compact actuators and grippers
- Control methods: I/O stored data, PROFINET communications or pulse input
- GSD file for easy set up (specific to this drive)
- Data Support Software v4 of (MEXE02 type) can be used for monitoring, testing and parameter settings
- Built-in electromagnetic brake control
- Cables, motors, and accessories like the regeneration unit available, are sold separately, component style
The post Oriental Motor adds Profinet communications to AZ drivers appeared first on The Robot Report.