In this episode Abate talks with Zhe Zhang from Perceptin where they are building embedded platforms for robots to do Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM) algorithms in real time. Zhe explains the methods they incorporate such as sensor fusion and hardware synchronization to make a highly accurate SLAM platform for IOT, consumer, and automotive grade robots.
Zhe is the co-founder and CEO of PerceptIn. Prior to founding PerceptIn, he worked at Magic Leap in Silicon Valley and prior to that he worked for five years at Microsoft. Zhang has a PhD in Robotics from the State University of New York and an undergraduate degree from Tsinghua University.
Further research recommended by Zhe:
- Probabilistic Data Association for Semantic SLAM
- A Comparative Analysis of Tightly-coupled Monocular, Binocular, and Stereo VINS
- Computer Vision for Autonomous Vehicles: Problems, Datasets and State-of-the-Art
- Perceptin Website
- Zhe’s personal website
- Download mp3 (17.0 MB)
- Subscribe to Robots using iTunes
- Subscribe to Robots using RSS
- Support us on Patreon